The Apostolate of Saint Paul Malta (ASPM) is a Catholic community in Malta which seeks to live a fervent Catholic life. We aspire to follow in the footsteps of Saint Paul by unceasingly proclaiming the Gospel and restoring all things in Christ (Eph 1:10). ASPM is committed to:
- Living the Catholic liturgical and devotional life.
- Restoration reverence towards the Real Presence of our Lord in the Eucharist.
- Celebrating the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Liturgy (The Traditional Latin Mass).
- Actively working for and taking part in the new-evangelisation.
- Providing Catholic catechesis and formation to people of all ages.
- Putting the media technologies at the service of the Gospel and Catholic formation.
- Promoting, upholding, and defending the sanctity of human life and the family.
ASPM meets at the Church dedicated to St. Paul, in Birkirkara, Malta.
1. Living The Catholic Liturgical & Devotional Life
The Apostolate of Saint Paul Malta finds its source and sustenance in the liturgical life of the Catholic Church, most specifically in the daily celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
At the heart of this apostolate is also regular Eucharistic adoration, and other practices of Christian piety, such as the public recitation of the Rosary, spiritual reading, as well as the participation in other means of formation such as retreats, spiritual conferences and catechesis.
2. Restoration Reverence Towards The Real Presence Of Our Lord In The Eucharist
This Apostolate was born out of a desire for a more reverent celebration of the liturgy according to the ordinary Form of the Roman rite. ASPM is thus committed to fostering reception of Holy Communion kneeling and on the tongue together with the use of the Communion Paten, in order to increase the piety, devotion and belief of the faithful in the Lord’s Real Presence in the Eucharist. Ad Orientem Novus Ordo Masses are celebrated during weekdays.
ASPM also seeks to implement the mutual enrichment of the celebration of both forms of the Roman rite (the Novus Ordo and the Tridentine Mass) in our community and beyond.
3. Celebrating The Extraordinary Form Of The Mass
Together with the Novus Ordo Mass, the Apostolate of Saint Paul Malta is also committed to the regular celebration of the liturgy according to the Extraordinary Form of the Roman rite within the Maltese diocese.
For many years the Holy Mass in the Traditional Latin Mass was not made available. ASPM is a response to this pastoral need in the diocese of Malta. We celebrate the Traditional Latin Mass every Sunday at 7:00pm.
4. Actively Working For & Taking Part In The New-Evangelisation
In an increasingly secularized society where Christian identity is diminishing and the Catholic voice is becoming more and more marginalized, the Apostolate of Saint Paul Malta is committed to the new-evangelisation through its daily activity.
5. Providing Catholic Catechesis & Formation
The Apostolate of Saint Paul Malta provides Catholic catechesis & formation through daily homilies, spiritual reflections, monthly meetings and Catechism classes.
6. Proclaiming The Gospel & Catholic Teaching Through The Media
The Apostolate of Saint Paul Malta is committed to evangelizing and Catholic Formation through the audio-visual media communications. ASPM has an active presence on the social media, and is also the spiritual sustenance of the True Light Catholic Media apostolate.
7. Upholding & Defending The Sanctity Of Human Life & The Family
The Apostolate of Saint Paul Malta is committed to the Pro-Life and Pro-Family movement in Malta and worldwide, by promoting, upholding, and defending the sanctity of human life and the family. ASPM seeks to accomplish this by its own initiatives, and also by supporting other groups which have the same aims, in any appropriate and possible ways.